Followers

Sunday, February 23, 2014

New Challenge #73 at Glitter n Sparkle

Hi all,
Life is going on and 
its been a hard couple of weeks,
but think I am finally getting back on top of things.

Had my youngest 'step-daughter' 
stop at the weekend,
and she decided to join me in getting crafty.
I will put on her project after. 

Anyway here is my project for this week:-
(sorry about the picture it was the best I could do)

The Theme at 
Glitter n Sparkle is:-
Bright Funky Colours

Our Sponsors this week are:-

Crafty Sentiments who are offering
3 Images from their store

Stamping Boutique who are offering
3 Images (or 4 Images if a 
Stamping Boutique Image is used)
from their store

QKR Stampede who are offering
5 Images from their store

Sentimental Susan who are offering
5 Images from their store

Aurora Wings who are offering
a $10 Gift Certificate for their store

My project for this week is:-

Mermaid with Pearls in Kelp digi stamp 
from Aurora Wings 
(one of our sponsors)



To begin with I cut my base Card from
 A4 Fuchsia Pink Card
(stash),
folded it in half and trimmed it down 
to make it 18cm high.

Next I cut a rectangle (14 x 17cm)
from Iridescent Metallic Blue Paper
(Craft Planet),
which I layered on my Base Card.

Then I got a strip of 
Copper Textured Fibre Paper
(stash),
around 6cm wide which I tore in half,
to make 4cm and 2cm strips.
Then glued the 4cm wide strip 
onto the Blue paper at the bottom.

I coloured in my Image 
using my Promarker Pens.
               Seaweed -    Moss, Pear Green, 
                                   Caramel (shading)
                                   Coral.
               Body -          Amethyst, Cyan (Scales)
                                   Pastel Green.
               Face -          Duck Egg, Cool Aqua (shading)
                                   Pastel Green.
               Eyes -          Lavender.
               Ears -           Amethyst, Cyan (Scales)
                                   Duck Egg (Outside Edge)
                                   Lilac, Dusky Rose (Inside Sections)
               Hair -            Slate, Amethyst, Lilac, Lavender.
               Nails -          Magenta.
               Crown -        Gold, Poppy, Burgundy.
               Earrings -     Gold, Magenta .
               Bangle -       Gold.
               Ribbon -       Burgundy.
               Pearls -         Ivory.

Then I cut the image out
and placed it on to the blue background.

Then glued the remaining 
2cm strip of Copper Paper on top,
just so the torn edge overlaps 
the bottom of the image.

To finish off I used a glue pen 
and free-hand drew some 'Seaweed' 
on the Blue Paper and 
put on some Green Glitter
(PaperChase).
And for the Pearls on the 
Mermaid's Neck and in her Hair
I used White Smoke Glitter
(Craft Planet).

I'd like to enter this Card in the following Challenges:-

No comments:

Post a Comment