Followers

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year + Challenge 114

Happy New Year everyone
Oh wow well December was a rather tough month.
To begin with I got the Flu,
and boy was that bad, 
I just curled up and forgot about the world 
until my body stopped aching.
then Christmas happened
(hope everyone had a great time and got plenty of crafting goodies,
I know I did hehe).
 What happens at this time of year,
days all just seem to muddle together 
and I can never remember what day I'm on, 
or is that just me.

I am so behind on my blogs,
so I thought that to catch up 
I would start my New Year by 
sharing a Project with you everyday.

The Theme at 
Modern Christmas Colours

My Project for Challenge #114:-

Cracka-Cat Digi Stamp
from Ike's Art
(one of our sponsors)
Based on one of my own Furbabies,
Smudge....




To begin with I used a pre-cut White 
Cracker Shaped Card,
which comes with the Base Card 
and 2 Front Sections 
(stash)

I used Orange Baubles Paper  

over the Base Card,
and on the 2 Front Sections I used 
Orange Purrfect Christmas Strips
(both Christmas Papers - 
Free from Cardmaking and Papercrafting).
And then attached the sections to the Base Card.

Then I printed off the Image
on White DC Paper
and coloured it in
using my Promarker Pens

                         Cat -               Pastel Pink (Paws)
                                               Coral (Nose)
                                               Gold (Eyes) 
                                               Cool Grey 1
                                               Cool Grey 3
                                               Black
                         Hat -              Poppy
                         Cracker -        Honeycomb
                                               Spice
                                           
Next I Die-Cut the Image out
using the large Apothecary Accent
(Stampin' Up!).
I then added Burnt Orange Glitter
(Glitter Magic)
in a swirly pattern
over the Cracker to make it festive.
And around the edge of the Die-Cut 
I used Holographic Copper Glitter
(Glitter Magic).
And placed a Red DewDrop at each end 
(stash).
Then I placed it on the middle of the Base Card.

For the Sentiment I made Toppers 

using the one that comes with the Image 
(Cracka-Cat - Ile's Art).
I split the two lines up and
printed them off on White DC Paper.
And using Ornate Frame 5
(Go Kreate)
I Die-Cut them both out.
And again around the edges of the Die-Cuts 
I used Holographic Copper Glitter
(Glitter Magic).
On the top and bottom of each one I placed
a row of
 3mm Iridescent Orange Gems
(stash)
Then placed the Toppers in the middle of the 
2 Front Sections.

Down each side of the Front Sections I used 

3 Rows of Bronze Diamond Mesh
(stash).

On a spare scrap of White DC Paper I used the 

Mistletoe Clear Stamp
(Holiday Cheer - Stampin' Up!)
with Tuxedo Black Ink
(Memento).
Then Cut it out
using the large Flower Die from the 
Circle Swirl
(Leane Creatief)
and Coloured it in using my 
Honeycomb and Spice Promarkers.

To finish the Card off I 

Handmade a Bow with
5mm Light Brown Satin Ribbon.


I'd like to enter this Card in the
following Challenges:-

ABC Challenge - A Is For Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - #194 - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Week 1 - Tic-Tac-Toe
(Sentiment - Image - Die-Cut)
Whimsie Doodles - Celebrating The Holidays

4 comments:

  1. Wow fab card, love the design! Thanks so much for joining our Tic Tac Toe Challenge at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute image! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a card like this before and think it's really cool! Adorable cat, too :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays :)
    Cheers!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and unique card, great job! So glad you joined us over at Polka Doodles ! Hugs-Ashley

    ReplyDelete