Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2016

New Challenge #192 at Glitter N Sparkle

Hello back again,
Think I have managed to de-stress now.
All I have lined up to do now is clear the house out,
(and I have trouble throwing things away).
But I need to have a ruthless clear out 
ready for the start of the Summer Holidays 
as my Step-Daughter is coming for the duration.
It is going to be so much fun,
and her Dad and I have got a few things planned
to keep her occupied.

Anyway this week is all about those Special Men in your life.
It doesn't always have to be your Father,
it could be your Step-Dad, or a Grandfather,
or even that Special Person who has given 
you guidance as you grow up.

This one is for my Father.
(and for once I know he will get it in time).

The Theme at
Father's Day

Our Sponsors this week are:-
Ike's Art who are offering
a $15 Gift Certificate

Morgan's ArtWorld who are offering
3 Images from their store

a $15 Gift Certificate

My Project this
week is:-
Sherlock Digi Stamp
from Ike's Art
(One of our sponsors)

To begin with I used a Rectangle White Base Card.
(stash)
Then cut a Smaller Rectangle of Mid Brown Paper
(stash)
which I then Embossed using the
'Brick Wall' Folder
(Stampin' Up)
I then scuffed it up to give the 'Wall' some distinction,
using Antique Linen Distress Ink,
Vintage Photo Distress Ink,
Walnut Stain Distress Ink
and Black Soot Distress Ink.
(Tim Holtz)

Next I printed off the Image
on White DC Paper
And coloured it in using my Promarker Pens.
Ivory
Satin
Putty
Sunkissed Pink
Dusky Rose
Sandstone
Caramel
Cinnamon
Chestnut
Walnut
Burnt Sienna
Shale
Olive Green
Cyan
Ice Grey 4
Ice Grey 5
Cool Grey 5
Black

I then put it through my Brother Scan & Cut
so that I could cut it out with the White Outline.
I then distressed around the Image
 using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Also using the Scan and Cut 
I cut out the 'Happy Father's Day'
out of Dark Brown Card.
(stash)

For the Quote, I found it on the Internet
(not to sure where)
which I printed off then distressed and curled
the Corners with a pair of scissors.
I also added some extra Vintage Photo Distress Ink 
and Walnut Stain Distress Ink
to the Curled Corners.

Finally I added a Silver/Dark Brown 
Pocket Watch Embellishment
(Craft)
to the top right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment